Information sent automatically
When you access the Commission’s site at http://www.csdepj.gouv.qc.ca, information is exchanged automatically between your computer and the site server, without any intervention on your part. The exchange of information includes:
- Domain name of your Internet access provider (for example, “company.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “university.edu” if you access the Internet through a university), and your IP address; Typically, an IP address is a unique number which is assigned to you by your Internet access provider, every time you connect to the Internet, so that information can be sent to you. This unique number is automatically logged by Web servers. Even if an IP number does not identify you directly, you can be identified by your provider. An IP address is personal information, as it is associated with an ID number.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- Date and time you access our site;
- Pages you visit and the time spent viewing them;
- Address of the host site (referring site), if you access our site from another site.
This exchange of information is only required for the technological purposes inherent to Internet browsing. The Commission keeps the information it needs for collecting data on the number of visitors, the most frequently viewed pages, the technology used by site visitors, the referring sites and the countries of origin of visitors to the site. This information is not used to assemble, communicate or exchange user lists. It is not shared with anyone.
Use of Google Analytics
The Commission’s site uses Google Analytics, a website analysis tool provided by Google.
Using cookies, Google Analytics collects information about your visit to the site. This information is stored by Google on servers located mainly in the United States. Google may disclose this information to third parties if required by law or for processing by third parties at Google’s request.
The data collected by Google Analytics include the pages you view; the date, time, duration and frequency of your visit; and the links you click on. It also collects information on your device’s operating system, your browser’s language setting, the name of your Internet service provider and your geographic location. Your anonymized (shortened) IP address ensures the confidentiality of your personal information.
Google Analytics is not used on our secured sites. You can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on on your device to prevent Google Analytics from recording data on your visits.
If you transmit personal or confidential information to us
Pursuant to the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, a department or agency that asks you to provide personal information must be sure that it needs the information, must identify itself and must inform you of the following:
- Name and address of the public body on whose behalf the information is being collected;
- Purpose for which the information will be used;
- Categories of people who will have access to the information;
- Nature of the request, whether it is mandatory or optional;
- Consequences of refusing to respond to the request;
- Rights of access and correction provided by law;
- Measures in place to ensure the confidentiality of information being sent.
If you use a computer in a public place or share a computer with other users
Before logging off, be sure to delete all traces of your browsing session from the automatic storage in your computer’s memory.
Links to other sites
Our site contains links to Québec government sites and other sites.
For more information, please consult the following site: Commission d’accès à l’information
If you have any comments or questions, please click on the Nous joindre tab at the top of our website pages.